In this article, learn how to mark who has paid, owes you money, and track new intelligence around check and cash transactions to make more informed business decisions.Login to your business admin account, and from the left-side navigation Go to: Reporting > Earnings.
Understanding & Changing Payment StatusIn the column "Status" in your Earnings Report, you will see one of several status's. To change the status, simply click the text.
Here are the status options to choose from and their meaning:
- Paid - When you have received the check or cash payment, this confirms the client has paid. An email notification is sent to the client once you mark a payment as "Paid". When marking "Paid" you are asked to provide a "Paid Date" to track when the transaction was marked paid for your records.
- Unpaid - Check or cash payment is unpaid for an upcoming event. The payment due date for this check or cash payment is in the future.
- Bounced - If a check bounces with the bank after trying to process, you should mark the check as "Bounced" to re-collect payment from the client.
- Canceled No Refund - If a client cancels the transaction and does not receive a refund.
- Canceled Refunded - If a client cancels the transaction and you have refunded them.
Understanding Check and Cash Payment Intelligence
- Payment Options Ranking - This new report shows a breakdown of total earnings by payment option. Use the date filters to identify how payment options total earnings fluctuate and change from one month to the next.
- Top Payment Options - This new report shows a breakdown of top payments options as a percentage of total business transactions.
If you need additional assistance, please reach out to email@example.com.